Welcome to the DOT wiki page
In this page you will find useful information about the DOT observations and some notes concerning the operation of the DOT software to acquire solar data. Observers are free to update, complete and make any changes in this website that improve the quality and clarity the information presented in these pages. Click on the “Edit” link to edit a page. You will be asked to log in. If you do not have an account yet, you need to ask a DOT staff member for the account creation password.
- Preparations before observing A must before every observing campaign.
- Cameras: Information about the DOT cameras.
- Acquisition software: Software to observe at the DOT.
- Mosaics: How to make mosaics with the DOT.
- Observing steps: Basic steps to pursue DOT observations.
- Checklist: Stronly recommended list of actions to follow during observations.
- Observing tools: Some tools that may help you during observations.
- Storing data: Organization and storage of data.
- Data flow: Daily procedures to manage the flow of data.
- Despeckling: How to despeckle images.
- Do not forget that !!! Things you should be aware of.
- Data storage log and despeckling log: Overview of all recorded data and the subset kept for despeckling (in order or priority).
- Contact: People that can help you at DOT.
- Schedule: Current observing schedule.
- Todo: List of things to do/implement
- Troubleshooting: What to do when things go wrong
- Utilities List of DOT-specific utilities.
Some useful links
- Satellite images: SOHO, STEREO
- Active regions: Map, Report
- Weather: Forecast, Satellite, ORM site conditions, Weather station overview
- Seeing: Scintillometer, SHABAR (SST, Combi)